Here is an update on weather related closures and road conditions. We will update this page as the day goes on and conditions change. Don’t forget to send us your snow day photos to [email protected] for a chance to win a gift card to the Red Onion.
- Edmonds School District schools and after school activities are cancelled on Wednesday as well. Schools are also closed on Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving. Students will return to school on Monday. For athletic games and events, contact coaches.
- The Mountlake Terrace Library will be closing at 4pm today. All evening programs have been cancelled. The Library does plan to be open Wednesday but all programs on Wednesday have been cancelled.
- Crew have been out sanding today but most roads still have compact snow and ice. Drive careful out there, especially on our hills.
- The MTHS Hawk Jam Session that was to take place tonight has been cancelled.
- See earlier updates below.
- The Public Works Department operated until 9:00 PM last night spreading sand and applying deicer. The Department reported back to work this morning at 5:00 AM and is focusing on spreading additional sand along all priority routes (see map below).
- The city is not plowing at this time as the consistency of the snow and relatively small amount of snow has made using the plow ineffective. The compact snow also provides better traction than the ice underneath. Additionally, they do not want to push the sand they are spreading off the road. Thus, they are staying focused on spreading sand and applying deicer, particularly in steep areas and intersections.
- General road conditions on our priority routes are fair, consisting of compact snow with plenty of road sand. However, residents are encouraged to stay off roads unless absolutely necessary and if they must take to the roads are advised to allow plenty of time to get to their destination and allow plenty of room between their vehicle and the vehicle ahead.
- In the event Waste Management is unable to pick up garbage tomorrow, the City asks that you please remove the containers from the curb until the following week’s regularly scheduled service. At that time Waste Management will pick up your previous week’s garbage in addition to your current week’s garbage. If you need additional containers, please use large garbage bags and place them along side your other receptacles. Click here for updates from Waste Management.
- Widespread power outages often occur during this type of weather. Families should keep a battery powered or crank radio in their emergency kit along with spare batteries and use them if the power is out. Contact Snohomish County PUD to report any power outages at (425) 783-1000.
- City crews will be working today to put down sand on all of the priority routes in Mountlake Terrace. (See map below)
- Edmonds School District schools and after school activities are cancelled on Tuesday. More info here.
- The Recreation Pavilion is open today. However, due to Edmonds School District closures, there are no childcare or morning/afternoon swim lessons. All morning classes are canceled. Swimming Lessons are canceled up to 2:45pm. Kids Krew, Preschool and Child Care are canceled. Watch for an updates for the afternoon programs. See above.
- Click here for status updates on King County Metro service.
- See below for the status of Community Transit service.
- All Sound Transit bus routes are running on reduced frequency or Sunday schedules. Some routes going to and from Snohomish County (513 and 532) have been cancelled due to unsafe conditions. More info here.
- The Mountlake Terrace Library will open at 11 am this morning. More info here.
Here are a couple shots of the roads near 232nd/56th this morning
Here is the latest from Community Transit on bus services:
Road conditions continue to be icy and slow-going. Community Transit buses are operating this morning, with some reroutes. The best place to catch a bus is a park & ride or major corridor with frequent service. Buses will be delayed, so dress warmly and plan ahead.
The best place for the public to go for all information is on the website.
Route 113 is rerouted off 148th Sreet and Beverly Park Road west of Hwy. 99 and the Mukilteo Speedway.
Route 116 is rerouted off 196th Street between 76th Avenue and Caspers in Edmonds.
Route 119 is closed between Ash Way and 52nd Avenue and is not serving the Meadowdale area. Buses are on regular route from Lynnwood Transit Center to Alderwood to 176th Street & 52nd Ave., then serve Ash Way Park & Ride via reroute.
Route 120 is operating on I-5 and I-405 between Lynnwood and Canyon Park.
Route 131 is rerouted off Main Street in Edmonds. Buses are using Hwy. 104 and Hwy. 99 between Edmonds Community College downtown Edmonds.
Route 221 is rerouted off 20th Street NE in Lake Stevens. Buses are using Vernon and Lakeshore Drive to access downtown Lake Stevens and missing all stops on 20th between Lundeen Parkway and Main Street.
Route 240 is not serving the Lakewood, Lake Goodwin or Warm Beach area at this time. Buses are operating on I-5 between Smokey Point and Stanwood. Buses are not serving the Stanwood Senior Center or Stanwood High School area.
Routes 275 and 271 are rerouted off 56th Street SE (John Jump Hill) and are using Bickford Avenue instead – same routing as Route 270.
Route 280 is rerouted off 20th Street NE in Lake Stevens. Buses are using Vernon and Lakeshore Drive to access downtown Lake Stevens and missing all stops on 20th between Lundeen Parkway and Main Street. Buses are also rerouted of 20th Street at Cavalero Hill and missing stops on 91st Avenue.
Due to extreme winter weather conditions most service to downtown Seattle will be provided only from park & ride lots. Only the first and last scheduled trips will operate. Additional trips will be added as road conditions allow.
Route 401 passengers can access service at the Lynnwood Transit Center.
Route 405 passengers can access service at the Lynnwood Transit Center.
Route 406 passengers can access service at the Lynnwood Transit Center.
Route 408 passengers can access service at the Mountlake Terrace Transit Center.
Route 413 passengers can access service at the Ash Way Park & Ride.
Route 414 will not operate.
Route415 passengers can access service at the Ash Way Park & Ride.
Route 416 passengers can access service at the Lynnwood Transit Center.
Route 417 passengers can access service at Hwy 525 and Front Street.
Route 421 passengers can access service at the Marysville at Cedar and Grove Park & Ride.
Route 422 will have only the trip starting at 6:19 a.m. operating.
Route 425 will serve only the Lake Stevens Transit Center.
Route 477 will not operate; passengers can use Route 408 from the Mountlake Terrace Transit Center.
Routes 412, 424 and 435 will begin service on regular routes.
Service will be limited. Buses will operate based on the Sunday schedule.
Route 510 will begin and end at Everett Station.
Route 535 will not serve UW Bothell or Bothell Park and Ride and will end at the Bellevue Transit Center.
Routes 513 and 532 are cancelled.
As conditions improve additional service may be provided.