The food drive will be from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Concern For Neighbors Food Bank located at 4700 228th St. S.W., Mountlake Terrace. Drive-thru donations can be made by entering from 228th Street Southwest and exiting on 229th Street Southwest.
Donors are advised to put donations in the trunk of their vehicle for volunteers to remove themselves or place them on the ground and drive away.
Preferred donation items include:
- Personal hygiene items, like bath tissue, soap, shampoo and toothpaste.
- Laundry soap (single use pods) and dish soap
- Cooking oil
- Dairy items including milk, cheese and yogurt
- Fresh produce
- Rice and pasta
- Canned meat, including tuna and chicken
- Cereal (low sugar) and oatmeal
- Meal helpers
- Canned fruit
- Peanut butter and jam/jelly
- Canned tomato
Other acceptable donation items include:
- Diapers and wipes
- Dog and cat food
Unacceptable items include:
- Home canned goods
- Dented/rusty canned goods
Financial donations can also be made at the Concern for Neighbors website.