Summer is just around the corner and that means days by the pool and at the beach. Before you dive into the water, make sure you and your family get safely prepared for seasonal, water-related activities by attending April Pools Day on Saturday, April 12, from 9:15 a.m. to noon at the Mountlake Terrace Recreation Pavilion pool, 5303-228th St. S.W. in Mountlake Terrace.
April Pools Day is a free, family event sponsored by Swedish/Edmonds Hospital, Edmonds Family Medicine, and the Mountlake Terrace Recreation Department to promote swimming safety and swimming as a healthy lifestyle.
April Pools Day event activities include:
• Life jacket test drives (try on different kinds and learn how to pick the correct size)
• Learn about safety around the water and participate in water safety stations, 9:15 – 10:45 a.m.
• Free Swedish/Edmonds mini first-aid kits and hand sanitizer
• Life jacket drawing (must be present to win), 10:45 – 11:00 a.m.
• Learn first aid and water safety tips from a Swedish/Edmonds Emergency Department medical professional
• Free swim from 11 a.m. – noon
For more information about April Pools Day, citizens can visit www.mltrec.com or call the Recreation Pavilion at 425-776-9173.