The city of Mountlake Terrace has just introduced a great new tool for residents to report anything from potholes to illegally parked cars. The new tool is an iPhone app. The City has partnered with a company called Government Outreach, Inc. who created the iPhone application.
iPhone users simply open the app, select an issue, take a picture, and submit it. The app knows the exact location and sends the issue directly to the staff member who can respond to the concern.
City Manager John Caulfield said going forward with the iPhone app was in response to the residents requests:
Our residents told us they wanted iPhone convenience that helps them report issues to us whenever or wherever they prefer. This technology also improves our efficiency, which is very important with our tight budget.
The City adds that there are many benefits to have the application available for residents:
- The GPS and camera features built into the iPhone make it simple for residents to alert city officials about a variety of issues
- Residents can use the app while they are out and about actually encountering these issues
- Residents can receive status updates without going to an office or checking their computer.
- Allows the City of Mountlake Terrace to serve more requests with fewer people
- Saves the city time and money while improving service
- Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words
- Photos can assist the Code Enforcement Officer document a complaint