Applications and nominations are needed for immediate openings to the Evergreen State Fair Advisory Board from Council District 2 (Everett/Mukilteo/ Tulalip), Council District 3 (Lynnwood/Edmonds) and Council District 4 (Mill Creek/Bothell/Mountlake Terrace/Brier). Applications can be found at www.evergreenfair.org/131/Fair-Advisory-Board.
The Evergreen State Fair Advisory Board aids in managing and preserving the largest publicly owned fair in the Pacific Northwest including advising on:
- maintaining the county’s ties to its agricultural roots
- expanding programs for youngsters and teens
- encouraging local food growth
- broadening public safety efforts
- enhancing child-safety programs
- evaluating budgets
- reviewing and recommending entertainment
- initiating innovative programs and projects
“Every August, Snohomish County throws a 12-day celebration of community for more than 350,000 friends and neighbors,” said Fair Manager Jeremy Husby. “Advisory board members are critical to the success of the 111-year old fair and the role it plays in connecting communities together.”
Board members meet monthly and more frequently during the Fair. For more information about joining the advisory board, contact: Jeremy Husby at 425-388-6601 orJeremy.Husby@snoco.org.
The 2020 Evergreen State Fair runs Aug. 27 through Sept. 7. For more information on the Evergreen State Fair, visit EvergreenFair.org.