Kitchen Fire Causes $5,000 in Damage

Friday night around 5:30 pm there was a small kitchen fire in a home near 63rd Ave W and 233rd Pl SW. A mom and her daughter were home and safely exited the house, then called 9-1-1. The fire was started by oil on the stove that got too hot, ignited, then spread to the cabinets. Firefighters from Fire District 1 quickly extinguished the blaze. Damage is estimated at $5,000. The family will be able to stay in the house.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real first and last names — as well as city of residence — are required for all commenters.
This is so we can verify your identity before approving your comment.

By commenting here you agree to abide by our Code of Conduct. Please read our code at the bottom of this page before commenting.