A fire destroyed a motorhome, two boats and a storage shed at a house in unincorporated Snohomish County, east of Brier, on Tuesday night.
The homeowner reported the fire just after 8 p.m. in the 1500 block of 213th Place Southwest.
“The man had been cleaning inside the motorhome. He went inside the house to get more cleaning supplies and when he returned smoke was billowing out the motorhome door,” Fire District 1 spokeswoman Leslie Hynes said.
Sounds of an explosion were also reported in the area. Hynes said the sounds likely came from ammunition and propane inside the motorhome.
Firefighters from Fire Districts 1 and 7, as well as Lynnwood and Bothell fire departments, responded to the fire. No one was injured. The fire spread from the motorhome to two nearby boats and a shed. Firefighters were able to stop the flames before they reached the house — about 10 feet away.
Damage to the motorhome, boats, boat accessories and shed is estimated at more than $140,000. The homeowner has insurance.
An investigator from the Snohomish County Fire Marshal’s office determined this was an accidental fire, most likely started by either an electric space heater or a candle left burning inside the motorhome.