This event was developed by Community Transit’s Curb the Congestion program and Snohomish County Parks & Recreation to encourage healthy transportation options, bicycle safety and to promote Snohomish County parks and trails.
Whether you are a road warrior, a weekend recreational cyclist or someone simply interested in learning more about biking, there are activities for everyone:
- Bike rodeo featuring bicycle safety & skills activities hosted by Cascade Bicycle Club.
- One mile group ride on the North Creek Trail led by BIKES Club of Snohomish County.
- $10 bike helmets and fittings from Cascade Bicycle Club.
- BMX track racing hosted by McCollum Park BMX. A $10 entry fee to support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is required.
- Bike licensing with the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Department.
- Community Transit Swift bus and bike rack demonstration.
- Snohomish County Parks & Recreation information booth.
- Local bike shops and businesses onsite.
- Free food, drinks, live music.
The event is free and open to individuals of all ages and skill levels. Participants are encouraged to bring their own bicycles and helmets. Practice bikes will be on hand for those who do not have their own. For more information about the event, visit www.communitytransit.org/BikeBash.