One of the best family festivals of Seafair for the past two decades, Tour de Terrace kicks off Friday, July 25 with the 22st Annual Tour de Terrace Parade featuring the Seattle Police Motorcycle Drill team at 6:45 p.m.
This year’s Grand Marshal is Paull Shin, recently retired State Senator from the 21st District. The parade travels along 56th Avenue West from 234th Street northward to Evergreen Playfield.
Come and see the parade roll down “Main Street” with fan favorites including the Seafair Pirates and Clowns, Lake City Western Vigilantes, drill teams, dancers, floats, trucks, classic cars and much more. The Tour de Terrace Parade is always held the night before the “Seattle Torchlight Parade” and serves as a dress rehearsal for many of the parade participants.
Among the Tour de Terrace highlights are live music and entertainment on the main stage, a beer garden, food booths with American and International selections, pancake breakfast, street fair, Davis Amusement Carnival, and the classic car, truck and motorcycle show (Saturday only 9 a.m.-3 p.m.). The fireworks show is Saturday evening just after 10 p.m.
New this year is an exciting BBQ Competition and Chili Cookoff sanctioned by and subject to the rules of the Pacific Northwest Barbecue Association (PNWBA) and the Chili Association Society International, Inc. (CASI). This is an open competition where all contestants will be using their culinary talents to vie for cash prizes and awards. Teams and judges come from the entire Pacific Northwest including Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, California, and Canada. Five thousand dollars in prize money has been donated by Frontier Communications for this inaugural event. Proceeds will support the Mountlake Terrace Friends of the Arts and the event takes place on the soccer fields, the northern-most fields at the Evergreen complex.
The Mountlake Terrace 5K Fun Run/Walk begins at 8:30 a.m., Saturday, July 26 at the Mountlake Terrace High School and winds its way through city streets and Terrace Creek Park. Organized by Cedar Way Parent Teacher Organization, the race will benefit all the Mountlake Terrace Elementary Schools. The cost is $25 per person, $20 for children and children under five are free. Please visit Active.com, search for “Mountlake Terrace 5K” to register or find the convenient link at www.cityofmlt.com.
“Thank you to the dedicated and hard-working group of volunteers who plans and operates this amazing event,” said Community Relations Director Virginia Olsen. “Most people believe the city puts on Tour de Terrace but other than some support we provide, the whole festival is conducted by just a few people. It’s a great event that shines a positive light upon our city.”
For more information see: www.tourdeterrace.org/
Tour de Terrace runs Friday, July 25, noon-11 p.m; Saturday, July 26, 9 a.m.-11 p.m.; and Sunday, July 27, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Tour de Terrace Schedule
Friday, July 25 Festival opens at 4 p.m.
- BBQ Competition: 4— 11 p.m
- Davis Carnival: 4 — 11 pm
- Food Booths: 4 — 11 pm
- Street Fair: Arts, Crafts, and Commercial Vendors 4 — 9 pm
- Beer Garden: 5 — 11 pm
- Seattle Police Motorcycle Drill Team 6:45 pm
- Tour de Terrace Parade: 7 pm
- 8:30 p.m. after parade-11 pm Sly Mr Y (High Energy Classic Rock)
Saturday, July 26 Festival opens at noon.
- BBQ Competition 6 am — 3 pm
- Car, Truck & Motorcycle Show: 9 am — 3 pm
- Pancake Breakfast: 8 — noon
- Mountlake Terrace 5K Fun Run/Walk: 8:30 am
- Davis Carnival: noon — 11 pm
- Food Booths: noon — 11 pm
- Street Fair: noon — 9 pm
- Beer Garden: noon — 11 pm
- noon-1:40 pm, Greg Murat (Ambient Folk Jazz)
- 2-3:40 pm, Ashley Durant (Delta Blues, New Orleans Jazz)
- 4-5:40 pm, Medicine Hat (Great Songs)
- 6-7:40 pm Chris Eger Band (Rock, Blues, Country, Funk, Soul)
- 8-11 pm The Hipsters (Seattle Best Modern Rock)
Fireworks Show: 10 pm
Sunday, July 27 Festival opens at noon.
- BBQ Competition 10 am — 4:30 pm
- Pancake Breakfast: 8 am — noon
- Davis Carnival: noon — 6 pm
- Food Booths: noon — 6 pm
- Street Fair: noon — 6 pm
- Beer Garden: noon — 6 pm
- noon-1:40 pm Scott Lindenmuth (Blues)
- 2-3:40 pm Little Bill and the Blue Notes (Local Blues Hero)
- 4-6 pm The Geoffrey Castle Band (Celtic Rock)