Fundraising effort started for former Maddox restaurant owner critically burned in house fire

Sue Maddox at the far left, with the Maddox family. (Photo courtesy
Sue Maddox, far left, with her family. (Photo courtesy

My Neighborhood News Network was contacted Wednesday night by Karen Nelson, a family friend of an Edmonds woman badly burned in a Tuesday house fire, letting us know about a fundraising effort to cover the victim’s medical bills.

According to Nelson, Tuesday’s fire severely damaged a home owned by Richard and Sue Maddox, the former owners of the Maddox Grill in Lynnwood (and previously in Richmond Beach). “Sue sustained critical, life-threatening injuries,” Nelson said. “She will most certainly be in the hospital awhile and her medical bills will be substantial.”

More information from the page set up to help with expenses:

Most of you have come to know and love the Maddox family through the restaurant or by their wonderful children, Kelly and Amy. We are setting up this account to give their community a chance to help them cope with this tragedy. Please donate what you can and pass this along to anyone you feel would want to know about this.

You can donate via the GoFundMe page here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real first and last names — as well as city of residence — are required for all commenters.
This is so we can verify your identity before approving your comment.

By commenting here you agree to abide by our Code of Conduct. Please read our code at the bottom of this page before commenting.