Friends and family of a 20-month old boy suffering from a serious form of cancer will be having a fundraiser on Saturday, Jan. 3 at Big E Ales in Lynnwood.
Trucker Dukes was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma in November 2014. The cancer has spread to 50 percent of his bones. It is aggressive and spreading rapidly. Trucker started chemotherapy in December. He will need six rounds of therapy, each lasting 21 days.
His father, Joshua Dukes, is from Washington and is a firefighter in Maui. His mother Shauna Dukes owns a business and home schools Trucker’s three older siblings. Trucker’s treatment is 100 miles away from his family in Maui.
Trucker’s grandmother, Christine Lenfant, lives in Lynnwood and will be shaving her head as part of the fundraiser.
A suggested donation of $10 includes a night of music, art, great food and great brew. There will be a silent auction and raffle from your favorite artists, vendors and local businesses. People will have a chance to bid on items, listen to good tunes, mingle with other Team Trucker – Trucker Dukes supporters and drink your first beer on the house courtesy of Big E Ales. The fundraiser/event will be from 3-10 p.m.
Music for the night includes:
- Headache Jackson – this band is reuniting for the first time in over 10 years. From the words of the band: “For Dukes, it just might happen . . .”
- Falling Blind – Acoustic set by this popular NW band.
- Puddle City Possums – This Seattle Rockabilly favorite will be playing originals tunes and your favorite classics from Johnny Cash to Roy Kay Trio.
- Man Hole Covers – A north end cover band playing all your favorites from 1970 -2014
- DJ Jason Rad & DJ Flash Back spinning tunes to keep your feet on the floor, maybe even some island music.
Items up for grabs:
- 6 day/ 7 nights stay at a Waikolo Village Town Home on the Big Island. 2 bed/ 2 bath ($700 value)
- Multiple gift baskets from Nordstrom
- 2 pairs of tickets to sit in with the BJ Shea Morning Experience @ 99.9 KISW
- Portrait Photography courtesy of Jed Adams Photography
- Nicole Goddard Photography, Inc. discounted rate service ($150
- Seattle Mariners memorabilia
- Autographed Seattle Seahawk KJ Wright photo
- Signed books from author Kristina Marie
- 2 hour tattoo session from Asher Bowers Hidden Hand Tattoo
- Message therapy gift certificates
- Growlers from Chucks Hop Shop
- A Skin Time Facial from Clarins
- 2 Kate Somerville Derma Quench Facials (hydrating and plumping treatment)
- Kate Somerville spa facial ($200 value)
- Full cosmetic makeover by a Dolce & Gabbana Specialist
- Anastasia brow wax
- Manicure from Butter London
- Gift card to Spa Noir in Belltown
- Gift certificate to Sorelli Pizza
For more information on Trucker Dukes and Team Trucker see: www.facebook.com/teamtrucker. See a video of Trucker Dukes at: https://vimeo.com/113661778. You can donate money here. See more photos at: instagram.com/pray_for_trucker