Mountlake Terrace City Council Candidate Erin Murray has scheduled a series of meet and greet events in the Mountlake Terrace community.
Her events are listed on her Facebook campaign page: https://m.facebook.com/Erin4MLT/
Sign Up for Our Daily MLT Newsletter
Hey everyone! Thought some of you may enjoy reading the character reference I wrote about Candidate Erin Murray located here:
I’ll also attach it for easier accessibility:
Who is Erin Murray?
And, what kind of person is she?
Read this character reference on Erin Murray—Mountlake Terrace City Council Candidate—to find out!
1. She is PATIENT: Taught me how to drive.
• When I was a teenager my sister had the patience to teach me how to drive. Not only this, but because our family couldn’t afford a car and we depended on public transportation, she made a concerted effort to help me in her spare time. It’s hard to remain patient when teaching a teenager the ropes of driving, but she was nothing short of patient and helpful during this process.
2. She is RESOURCEFUL: Helped me get a job as an electrician helper.
• Last year I expressed to my sister how much I wanted to become an electrician. My sister has always provided a wealth of knowledge and expertise in finding resources that help others. To my surprise, she forwarded me a job notification, and last summer I ended up working as an electrician helper.
3. She is SELFLESS: She bought me back-to-school clothes when our family couldn’t afford them.
• When I was in elementary school there was one year my family couldn’t afford to buy me back-to-school clothes. At that age, I was self-conscious about this because I wanted to fit in, but was worried I’d be teased for wearing clothes that were a bit too small for me. Simultaneously, my teenager sister Erin had just started her first job working at Old Navy. Out of the goodness of her heart, she took me shopping and I was able to get everything I needed for school. I’m forever grateful to my sister, she is one of the most selfless and kind-hearted people around.
4. She is SUPPORTIVE: Drove me to work at 4:30am every Friday, so I could get to my first job.
• My first job was at the non-profit organization Food Lifeline. I was scheduled to work at 5am on Friday’s because that was the day we went and picked up produce from stores to give to foodbanks. The buses didn’t run that early, so my sister Erin would come and pick me up at 4:30am and would drive me to work. She has always been supportive and continues to help those who need it.
5. She is THOUGHTFUL: She surprised me by taking me to my first concert—Avril Lavigne at the Tacoma Dome.
• When I was 12 years old I was obsessed with a singer named Avril Lavigne. My sister knew how much I wanted to go see her in concert. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the money or means of transportation to go. My sister invited me to go run some errands with her the same day of the concert. I remember my sister parked the car and we started walking towards the Tacoma Dome—all the while she was telling me that the antiquing place we were going, was around the corner from there—when all of a sudden my sister whipped out the tickets and said: “Surprise,” I was so ecstatic and caught off guard. It meant so much to me, Erin truly cares about others and is thoughtful in her actions.
6. She is INSPIRATIONAL/STRONG: She bought her MLT house all by herself, at the young age of 26!
• Erin knows how to make a plan and work hard to achieve it! At the young age of 26, she bought her Mountlake Terrace home all by herself. It takes a strong-willed young person to have that sort of commitment and follow through. I have always admired her ability to prioritize what is important, her strong work-ethic, and her ability to overcome adversity—growing up insecurely housed to owning her own house!
7. She is PHILANTHROPIC: She got me involved in so many fundraisers and volunteering opportunities throughout the years!
• Erin and I were in a youth group called Job’s Daughter’s. Erin was our group’s leader for a time and would facilitate the planning of different philanthropic activities for the group. This included different fundraising and volunteering activities such as: (1) Car washes; (2) Pancake Breakfast’s; (3) Serving food at functions; (4) Wrapping gifts for low-income families at Christmas; (5) Adopted a family to buy gifts for at Christmas; (6) Adopted a street that we were responsible for picking up liter at; and, (7) Shined shoes (odd, but was actually pretty fun). Erin has long been involved in giving back to others and the community.
For these reasons and so many more, I support Erin for City Council in Mountlake Terrace!
Thank you for sharing! I look forward to engage on the issues that are important to you.
Real first and last names — as well as city of residence — are required for all commenters.
This is so we can verify your identity before approving your comment.
By commenting here you agree to abide by our Code of Conduct. Please read our code at the bottom of this page before commenting.