Local families can attend a preparedness seminar this Sunday, presented by Snohomish County Fire District 1 at Northwest Church.
During the Ready Sunday event, attendees will learn how to plan for potential major disasters. It will feature a panel discussion with FD1 representatives at 10:30 a.m. and end with a outdoor barbecue (donations suggested).
The event is free to attend on Sunday, June 11. Vendors will be on-hand so families can purchase their preparedness kits.
Booths and activities available before and after the presentation will include:
- How to turn off natural gas, water and electricity.
- Fire extinguisher demonstrations and practice.
- Mini-workshops to get you started on your emergency preparedness kit.
- Information on how to help your neighbors prepare and work together with the Map Your Neighborhood program.
- Taste of Disaster – sample MREs (meals ready to eat) and other non-perishable food to consider for your disaster kit.
Community members can also attend a worship seminar in the Community Life Center before the event. Worship begins at 8:45 a.m. The regular 10:30 a.m. service is cancelled to allow for the FD1 preparedness event.
Northwest Church is located at 19820 Scriber Lake Rd. in Lynnwood.