Here are a few highlights (lowlights?) of the past week’s Mountlake Terrace Police and Fire reports:
Friday, February 13
A jeep was broken in to at the Mountlake Terrace park & ride. A tote bag with ski goggles and other gear was stolen. Earlier Friday morning someone saw some teenagers lifting handles of cars in the garage, here’s their report:
Just a reminder for all you commuters who park at P&R’s to LOCK YOUR CARS and don’t have any valuables in them! While on my layover at Mountlake Terrace PR this morning, I saw 2 teenagers lifting door handles and casing cars. I had dispatch call the cops and they started tracking them down. Don’t know if they caught them or not.
A jeep was found broken in to near at the end of the day. The owner of the jeep even put out a request on craigslist for the thieves to return his gear:
Please return the ski gear you took from my Jeep at the Montlake Terrace I5 Park and Ride on Friday. The sweaty ski boots, helmet, mittens, goggles, and gloves have no value to anyone else. The insurance card and registration you took have no value to anyone. I’ve contacted the 2nd hand sports stores to call the Mountlake Terrace Police Department if you bring any of that stuff in. CASE #10-379.
I park in that exact spot every day because it has two cameras pointing to at. The detectives will review the tapes on Monday. It will be easy to spot the person carring the huge rubber made container.
The police will be following up with Community Transit about the video surveillance.
Sunday, February 14
- A car was broken in to in the Calvary Fellowship parking lot. The thief broke the car’s window and stole a purse and an iPod.
- A person entered the Shell station on 220th and 66th and stole and walked out with an 18-pack of Budweiser. The clerk called the police but the suspect was not found.
- A large window was broken at Evergreen Elementary school, which closed last year.
- Firefighters responded to a limousine on fire at 212th St. SW and 52nd Ave. W in Mountlake Terrace at 12:04 p.m.
Tuesday, February 16
- A car was broken in to at Terrace Park Elementary.
Tuesday, February 16
- A teenager fell off his long board at Terrace Creek Park in Mountlake Terrace and was transported by medics to Harborview Medical Center at 11:03 a.m.
[image courtesy Thomas Hawk]