Summer is just around the corner and that means days by the pool and at the beach. Before you dive into the water, make sure you and your family get safely prepared for seasonal water-related activities by attending April Pools Day on Saturday, April 11 from 9:45 a.m. to noon at the Mountlake Terrace Recreation Pavilion pool.
April Pools Day is a free, family event sponsored by Swedish Edmonds Hospital, Edmonds Family Medicine, and the Mountlake Terrace Recreation Department to promote swimming safety and swimming as a healthy lifestyle.
Event activities include:
- Free swim from 11 a.m.- noon
- Free Swedish Edmonds mini first-aid kits and hand sanitizer
- Raffle (must be present to win) 10:45 — 11 a.m.
- Lifejacket test drives (try on different kinds and learn how to pick the correct size)
- Learn about safety around the water and participate in water safety stations 9:45 — 10:45 a.m.
- Learn first aid and water safety tips from a Swedish Edmonds Emergency Department medical professional
For more information about April Pools Day, citizens can visit www.mltrec.com or call the Recreation Pavilion at 425-776-9173. The Mountlake Terrace Recreation Pavilion is located at 5303 228th St. SW., Mountlake Terrace.