The Washington Kids in Transition organization hosts a community bag stuffing event from 6-8 p.m., Dec. 29 at Edmonds Church of God.
The public is invited to meet members of Washington Kids in Transition and participate in their first community bag stuffing event. Bring one bag of snack food and receive a pizza dinner. Parents are encouraged to bring their kids.
All proceeds will go to the McKinney Vento snack program for homeless kids in the Edmonds School District.
Some of the children do not have access to kitchens so the food handed out needs to portable, individually wrapped and ready-to-eat.
Here is a list of some of the snacks that have been previously provided:
• Cereal bars, protein bars, fruit bars
• Raisin boxes, fruit cups, squeezable fruit pouches
• Instant oatmeal cups/packets, individual size cereal boxes/cups
• Cup of noodles, cups of soups-pop top lids, instant mac and cheese cups
• Portable chicken or tuna salad with crackers lunch packs
• Cheese and crackers, handi-snacks, pudding cups
• Small water bottles, shelf stable individual milks (plain)
• Pop-tarts, pretzel packets, cracker packets
• Beef jerky, beef sticks, fresh easy peel mandarin oranges
• Portable cups of ready to eat pasta (Chef-boyardi)
• Plastic spoons, plastic forks, paper lunch bags
For more information about this event and to rsvp please contact Erin Ornes at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, see Washingtonkidsintransition.org. This event is sponsored by Thrivent Financial.