The Verdant Health Commission is now accepting funding proposals through its Building Healthy Communities Fund. The purpose of the fund is to support projects in South Snohomish County that create long-lasting community health improvements. Verdant is specifically seeking projects that address two priorities:
1. Projects that increase opportunities for residents to live active and healthy lives, or
2. Projects that significantly increase the capacity/service level in high-need areas such as behavioral health, dental, access to health care or health and wellness services for seniors.
Verdant is seeking projects that:
– Can measure specific results and community health or wellness improvements as a result of the project. Verdant has a preference for projects that can demonstrate improvements in health or wellness, rather than just raw usage numbers.
– Include cooperation between multiple organizations or jurisdictions.
– Leverage other funding sources.
– Have a clear plan for ongoing maintenance and/or sustainability.
Application materials can be found on Verdant’s website. A list of frequently asked questions is also available here. Questions may also be directed to George Kosovich at 425-582-8572 or [email protected].
The deadline for submitting an application is Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 5 p.m. Verdant will hold an information session describing the funding availability on Wednesday, June 1, 2016 from 10-11:30 a.m. at the Verdant Community Wellness Center in Lynnwood (4710 196th St. S.W.). Applicants are not required to attend the information session to apply for funding.
In addition to this opportunity, Verdant continues to accept applications for its multi-year and one-time health and wellness programs on an ongoing basis.