Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office has tips for beating the heat this week
With temperatures forecast to be in the 90s by the end of the week, the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office has compiled the following list of tips and resources to help communities safely cope with the heat:
· Children should never be left unattended in a vehicle.
· Check on your elderly and ill neighbors.
· When children are playing in and around water, they should always be accompanied by an adult, even if they know how to swim or are wearing a life jacket.
The Sheriff’s Office also provided links to more resources here:
· Beautiful but Deadly: Water Safety and Awareness
· Map of Life Jacket Loaner Locations across Washington State
· Tips for Preventing Heat-Related Illness
· Hot Weather Tips for Family Caregivers
· Hot Weather Tips for Pets