Snohomish County Fire District 1 will kick off Fire Prevention Month with an open house for the public from 10 a.m.-noon on Saturday, Oct. 4, at the Fire District 1 Training Tower (near Mariner High School), 12425 Meridian Ave. S. in Everett.
Guests at the open house can:
- Meet firefighters, see a fire engine up close and spray water from a fire hose.
- Tour the training tower and learn how to make a home fire escape map for your family.
- Try the 9-1-1 call simulator and learn what information will help when you place an emergency call.
- Watch firefighting students from Everett Community College as they drill at the Training Tower.
- Complete the Fire Safety Adventure game will win a prize.