Neighborhood Ambassador Workshops
All workshops are free and run from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
· June 22, Mountlake Terrace Fire Station 19, 5902 233rd St. S.W., Mountlake Terrace. Register at http://bit.ly/MLTJuneMYN.
· June 29, Martha Lake Fire Station 21, 16819 13th Ave. W, Lynnwood WA 98037. Register at http://bit.ly/MarthaLakeJuneMYN.
Learn how to help your neighborhood prepare for a disaster. Map Your Neighborhood teaches neighbors to rely on each other during the hours or days before fire, medical, police or utility responders arrive. Attend a workshop to become a Neighborhood Ambassador Volunteer and Fire District 1 will work with you to host a Map Your Neighborhood meeting for your neighbors.
Workshop participants will:
· Learn the first nine steps to take immediately following a disaster to secure your home and protect your neighborhood.
· Create a neighborhood map identifying the locations of natural gas and propane tanks for quick response if needed.
· Create a neighborhood contact list that identifies those with specific needs such as the elderly, those with a disability, or homes where children may be alone during certain hours of the day.
· Learn to work together as a team to evaluate your neighborhood after a disaster and take the necessary actions.
For more information, contact Kristen Thorstenson, [email protected], 425-551-1240.