This is the last week of South County Walks — a series of free community walks, scheduled four times a week until Aug. 27. Participate one time, eight times, or all 40 times. Walks will typically be two to three miles and take about an hour to complete. Rain or shine, they will take place:
· Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m. starting at the Edmonds Senior Center, 220 Railroad Ave., Edmonds
· Wednesdays at 2 p.m. starting at the Center for Healthy Living in Lynnwood, 4100 Alderwood Mall Blvd., Ste. 1, Lynnwood
· Thursdays at 6 p.m. starting at the Lynnwood Rec Center, 18900 44th Ave. W., Lynnwood, and
· Saturdays at 9:30 a.m. starting at the Mountlake Terrace Recreation Pavilion, 5303 228th St. S.W., Mountlake Terrace.
South County Walks is family-friendly and open to anyone interested, of all abilities. This is a drop-in program, with no RSVP or advance registration required, and you can join in at any time. South County Walks was created in partnership by the recreation departments in Edmonds, Lynnwood and Mountlake Terrace, the Edmonds Senior Center, Senior Services of Snohomish County’s Center for Healthy Living, and the Verdant Health Commission.
Everyone attending their first walk will receive a water bottle or a cooling scarf, donated by Verdant and Edmonds Family Medicine. If you plan to participate throughout the summer, get a South County Walks incentive card initialed at your first walk and once you’ve done 8 walks, you can enter to win a prize. The prizes are:
· Pair of walking/running shoes of your choosing, donated by Brooks Outlet Store in Bothell
· Discovery Family Membership to the Woodland Park Zoo, donated by Edmonds Family Medicine
· Fitbit, donated by Edmonds Family Medicine
· Commuter Prize Pack, featuring a $50 ORCA card, messenger bag and travel thermos, donated by Community Transit
Bring a friend or family member, or come on your own and meet new people.
For more information, visit http://verdanthealth.org/news/south-county-walks, call 425-582-8600, or email email@example.com. Join the “South County Walks” group on Facebook for updates and news throughout the summer.