Neighbor helps extinguish microwave fire


Firefighters were dispatched at 9:50 p.m. on Thursday, October 14, to a fire in the kitchen of a home in the 21800 block of 54th Ave. W.

The resident told firefighters he saw flames in the microwave and yelled for help. His neighbor came over to help and threw water on the microwave to knockdown the flames. The house was full of smoke when firefighters arrived, but the fire was out. Firefighters checked to make sure the fire had not extended into the attic space. They used fans to clear smoke from the house.

Fire damage was contained to the kitchen area around the microwave. There were no injuries. Damage is estimated at $500. The fire marshal determined this was an electrical fire that started in the microwave.

If you like what you are reading, please consider a weekly, monthly or one-time voluntary donation of any amount to support our work. You can donate via the form to the right.

Leave a Reply