Help needy students by donating school supplies
Every year, many students start the school year without their required school supplies. With limited funds, some families face difficult choices between paying for school supplies or paying for other bills.
The Family Center of South Snohomish County, the Edmonds School District, Turning Point, the Windermere Foundation, Community Health Center, and other community partners, are again organizing a Back-to-School Supply Drive and Resource Fair. Needy students in the Edmonds School District registered through their school as being in need of assistance with school supplies, and will receive those supplies at a resource event scheduled for August 17 at Cedar Valley Community School.
Last year, this consortium served 800 students by providing them with a backpack and grade-appropriate school supplies. This year, the goal is to serve 1000 needy students. Through a generous gift from the Hazel Miller Foundation, organizers were able to purchase backpacks for all of the students. Now, the need is for school supplies to fill the backpacks!
Community members are asked to drop off new school supplies at any one of the following locations:
- Lynnwood Police Department
- Edmonds School District Administrative Building
- Community Health Center of Lynnwood
- Red Onion Burgers in Mount Lake Terrace
- Family Center of South Snohomish County
- the Lynnwood branch of Sno-Isle Library
- and 3 Windermere Real Estate office locations – Alderwood Mall, Lynnwood and Edmonds