Mountlake Terrace police blotter: Jan. 28-Feb. 2


Jan. 28
An officer was stationary, observing traffic in the 6300 block of 220th Street Southwest, when a vehicle suddenly swerved right and hit a curb. The hit popped the vehicle’s tire. An officer contacted the driver and immediately smelled alcohol. A breath test showed the driver at a 0.226 percent blood alcohol content. She was taken to Lynnwood Jail to be booked and processed for DUI.

A vehicle prowl was reported in the 5700 block of 238th Street Southwest. Several pairs of glasses, a flashlight, a multi-use tool and at least one credit card were taken.

A vehicle was reported stolen from the 6000 block of 244th Street Southwest.

Jan. 30
A hit-and-run was reported in the 3800 block of 220th Place Southwest. A vehicle had been parked on the street overnight. In the morning, a second vehicle hit the rear of the parked vehicle and left without leaving a note.

A vehicle prowl was reported in the 23800 block of 54th Avenue West. The vehicle was unlocked and parked in front of a residence.

A vehicle prowl was reported in the 21600 block of 60th Avenue West. A back passenger window was smashed. A guitar amp and other valuables had been moved around, but nothing was taken. A golf club was found on the ground nearby.

Jan. 31
A hit-and-run was reported in the 5600 block of 232nd Street Southwest. A driver had left his vehicle in a parking lot there for about an hour and a half. When he returned, the rear of his vehicle had been damaged. There is a possible suspect vehicle. An investigation is pending.

Feb. 1
Mail was stolen from a multi-mailbox stand in the 22200 block of 62nd Avenue West.

Mail was stolen from a multi-mailbox stand in the 4700 block of 216th Street Southwest.

Feb. 2
An incident of assault was reported in the 23400 block of 58th Avenue West. A man approached a police officer with a bump on his head and ripped pants. he was intoxicated and said he had been assaulted. He had been drinking at a nearby business and was walking home through a park when he said he was suddenly struck on the side of the head by a fist. Two men he did not know then attacked him. He caught back, evidenced by scrapes on his knuckles. The two suspects fled the area. He had a knife on him before the attack, and he said afterwards it was gone, even though he did not take it out during the attack.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here