Morning power outage caused by squirrel

    1989
    0

    snohomishpudSeveral homes and businesses, including City Hall, lost power in Mountlake Terrace early Wednesday morning after a squirrel got into a circuit breaker on one of the power poles in the downtown area. The circuit breaker then exploded and caught fire.

    The squirrel did not survive.

    Power was switched back on for all customers around 8 a.m.

    PUD spokesman Aaron Swaney said crews will be working to replace the affected circuit breaker. Any additional damage is unknown.

    Leave a Reply