The Mountlake Terrace City Council will hold a special work/study session on Saturday, March 2 to review its goals and objectives for 2013-2014. The special session will be held at the Interim City Hall, 6100 219th Street SW, Suite 220; start time is to-be-announced.
Council goals serve as a foundation for the city’s biennial budget and work plan. At a similar special work/study session one year ago the City Council produced its goals and objectives for 2012-2014:
- Protect and enhance the City’s financial health and stability while maintaining appropriate and essential public services in a cost-effective manner
- Generate economic development throughout the community
- Implement the Downtown “Main Street” Revitalization Project
- Review, prioritize and implement capital infrastructure projects to include the development of a strategy to address the City’s aging public facilities
- Implement Civic Center Plan to include financing options for voter consideration
- Develop and implement effective communication and outreach with the community
In addition to reviewing the goals and work plan, the Council will discuss efforts to continue its plans for main street revitalization, economic development and capital infrastructure.