Sno Isle Libraries signed a contract with Polaris Library System back in November 2010 and has been diligently working on implementing this much needed upgrade. Library staff is asking for your patiences and help as they make the final tranistion.
Temporary changes you should know about:
- No library materials will be due from March 21 to April 9. All materials checked out from March 1 to March 19 will have an extended loan period and be due on April 10. Please “Babysit-a-Book.”
- From March 21 to April 2 (estimated), all holds will be frozen. You will not be able to place new holds and we will not fulfill hold requests.
- From March 28 to March 30 (estimated), your online library account will be inactive. You cannot update your account, but you will still be able to access the online catalog.
How will Polaris help me?
- Get better search results to find library materials faster.
- Personalize your library account with more options for holds, book lists, user name, reading history and more.
- Rate, review and share titles using integrated social media tools.
Want a head start on how to use the new system?
- Library staff will be fully trained and available to help you on the spot.
- Tip sheets will be available in the libraries and online when Polaris goes live.
- Tutorial videos and a Help section will be available on the website.
- March Programs: Get a Sneak Peek at Polaris, Your New Online Library Catalog. No registration necessary.
- Stanwood Library, Tuesday, March 8, 6:30 p.m.
- Coupeville Library, Thursday, March 10, 2:00 p.m.
- Monroe Library, Monday, March 14, 2:00 p.m.
- Lynnwood Library, Wednesday, March 16, 6:30 p.m.
- Mukilteo Library, Saturday, March 19, 10:00 a.m.
- Webinar preview sessions, Monday, March 21, 2:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. (email email@example.com to register)
- Hands-on Classes in April and May: Intro to Your New Online Library Catalog: Starring Polaris