Edmonds School District Board Member Kory DeMun (Distirct 1) announced he will not be running for reelection. Board Members Gary Noble (District 4), April Nowak (District 4) and Board President Diana White (District 5) all are up for reelection in the fall.
The free two-hour workshop, from 6:30-8:30 p.m., will provide an overview of the roles and responsibilities of a school director and how to file to become a candidate. Some of what will be covered include:
How to file to run for office:
- How to navigate the process of filing
- Public disclosure process for candidates
- Campaign limitations
What does a school board member do?
- How much time does school board service require?
- Role and responsibilities
- Open Public Meetings Act (OPMA)
- Working as a team
For more information and to register, click here.