A pan of cooking oil ignited and sparked a fire that spread through an apartment complex early Wednesday morning, displacing 12 adults and six children. The Snohomish County Fire Marshal estimates the damage to the building to be upwards of $500,000.
The apartment complex, located at 17422 52nd Ave. W. in Lynnwood, has a total of eight units, five of which sustained damage, Lynnwood Fire Spokeswoman Julie Moore said.
The 2-alarm fire ignited at approximately 3 a.m. with units responding from Lynnwood Fire, Fire District 1, Fire District 7 and Mukilteo Fire.
All residents were safely evacuated with no injuries. Red Cross and Support Seven are assisting the displaced residents.