ReadySnoCo Preparedness Workshop
June 11, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Edmonds Conference Center (North Sound Center) 201 Fourth Ave. N, Edmonds. Free, register in advance online, http://bit.ly/ReadySnoCoWorkshop.
This half-day hands-on workshop will teach the basics of disaster preparedness including how to create an emergency preparedness kit, gas and water shutoff, fire extinguisher use and fire safety, basic cribbing and lifting and emergency communications. Training includes outside activities and demonstrations.
Neighborhood Ambassador Workshops
Three dates to choose from; all workshops are free and run from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
June 15, Edmonds Fire Station 17, 275 Sixth Ave. N., Edmonds. Register at http://bit.ly/EdmondsJuneMYN.
· June 22, Mountlake Terrace Fire Station 19, 5902 233rd St. S.W., Mountlake Terrace. Register at http://bit.ly/MLTJuneMYN.
· June 29, Martha Lake Fire Station 21, 16819 13th Ave. W, Lynnwood WA 98037. Register at http://bit.ly/MarthaLakeJuneMYN.
Learn how to help your neighborhood prepare for a disaster. Map Your Neighborhood teaches neighbors to rely on each other during the hours or days before fire, medical, police or utility responders arrive. Attend a workshop to become a Neighborhood Ambassador Volunteer and Fire District 1 will work with you to host a Map Your Neighborhood meeting for your neighbors.
Workshop participants will:
· Learn the first nine steps to take immediately following a disaster to secure your home and protect your neighborhood.
· Create a neighborhood map identifying the locations of natural gas and propane tanks for quick response if needed.
· Create a neighborhood contact list that identifies those with specific needs such as the elderly, those with a disability, or homes where children may be alone during certain hours of the day.
· Learn to work together as a team to evaluate your neighborhood after a disaster and take the necessary actions.
For more information, contact Kristen Thorstenson, email@example.com, 425-551-1240.