Fire District 1 calls May 26-June 1

457
0

Snohomish County Fire District 1 responded to 326 calls the week of May 26-June 1: 264 emergency medical aid calls, 20 motor vehicle collisions, 13 fires, nine service calls, one natural gas leak and 19 automatic fire alarms.

Mountlake Terrace calls are in bold.

May 26
HOUSE FIRE: At 10:50 a.m., a fire was reported at a home in the 11300 block of 27th Avenue SE east of Everett. The residents safely evacuated the home. Heavy black smoke was coming from the attached garage of the two-story home when firefighters arrived. They cut through the garage door and extinguished the fire, which destroyed a bedroom, the garage and its contents including a car. There was smoke damage to the rest of the home. The loss was estimated at $225,000. A family of six was displaced by the fire. The Snohomish County Fire Marshal’s office is investigating the cause of the blaze.

May 28
COLLISION: At 3:37 p.m., firefighters responded to a collision involving two vehicles and a pedestrian in the 4200 block of 212th Ave SE in Mountlake Terrace. Three people received minor injuries and two were transported to Evergreen Hospital in Kirkland.

May 29
COLLISION: At 2:06 p.m., a car hit a tree in the 11800 block of Evergreen Way in Everett. Firefighters transported the driver to Swedish/Edmonds Hospital.

June 1
COLLISION: At 11:30 a.m., a four-car accident was reported at 156th Street SW and Highway 99 north of Lynnwood. Firefighters transported two patients to Swedish/Edmonds Hospital..

STOVETOP FIRE: At 11:31 a.m., a fire was reported at an apartment in the 2600 block of Lincoln Way north of Lynnwood. The stove top fire was extinguished by neighbors. Firefighters used fans to disperse the smoke. The neighbors who extinguished the fire were checked by firefighters for signs of smoke inhalation. No injuries were reported.

CANDLE FIRE: At 11:31 p.m., firefighters responded to a fire at a home in the 18200 block of Larch Way east of Lynnwood. All residents safely evacuated the house and there were no injuries. The house was full of smoke when firefighters arrived. The homeowner told firefighters an unattended candle started the fire. Firefighters extinguished a pile of smoldering debris in a downstairs room. They removed the debris, extinguished hotspots and used fans to clear smoke from the house.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here