The Washington Health Benefit Exchange is reminding residents that Feb. 15 is the deadline to enroll in a Qualified Health Plan through Washington Healthplanfinder. Residents can complete an online application at www.wahealthplanfinder.org or find free in-person assistance to see if they qualify for financial help to lower the cost of their health insurance premiums.
Residents must select and pay for a Qualified Health Plan by Feb. 15 at 9:59 p.m. for coverage that begins on March 1, 2015.
Enrollment in Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) continues year-round.
“With the Feb. 15 deadline less than two weeks away, we’re taking this opportunity to remind residents they need to take immediate action to get enrolled,” said Richard Onizuka, CEO for the Washington Health Benefit Exchange. “Free in-person help is also available for those who need it, either through scheduled appointments with navigators and insurance brokers, or through local enrollment events.”
Washingtonians who are interested in enrolling in a Qualified Health Plan for 2015 coverage have the following options:
- Fill out an Online Application: Washingtonians may complete an online application at wahealthplanfinder.org to see if they are eligible for a Qualified Health Plan. Online applications are strongly encouraged over paper applications to ensure they are able to be received and processed by the deadline.
- Use a Health Insurance Broker: Washington Healthplanfinder offers assistance through registered brokers who are uniquely educated and licensed to recommend a specific health insurance plan to you or your family. They are searchable by ZIP Code via the Customer Support link on wahealthplanfinder.org.
- Visit a Local Navigator or Enrollment Event: Navigators are trained to help customers enroll in coverage through Washington Healthplanfinder and are searchable through the Customer Support link on the homepage. To find a local enrollment event,click here.
- Contact the Toll-Free Customer Support Center:The Customer Support Center is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. To help Washington residents enroll ahead of the deadline, special weekend hours are also available on Feb. 8 from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., as well as Feb. 14 from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Feb. 15 from 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
As of Jan. 31, more than 132,000 residents have enrolled in a Qualified Health Plan. The Exchange also released a county-by-county enrollment report that shows the number of residents who have enrolled in a Qualified Health Plan or enrolled under Medicaid expansion for 2015 coverage.
As of Jan. 31, Snohomish County has enrolled:
· 4,794 new Qualified Health Plan enrollees
· 8,813 Qualified Health Plan renewals
Current enrollment data shows that a larger percentage of residents are qualifying for Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) than previously expected.
“We have seen more than 630,000 individuals newly covered in Washington State, which is well beyond our combined 2015 enrollment forecasts for Qualified Health Plans and Washington Apple Health,” said Onizuka. “While residents continue to qualify for Apple Health, we expect a large enrollment surge in new and renewing private health plan enrollment heading toward the Feb. 15 deadline.”
Please note that due to federal services maintenance,Washington Healthplanfinder will be unavailable starting 10 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 15.