The Edmonds School District is implementing a new online payment system called TouchBase. It will replace the eFunds system that was used last year. According to information sent to families Aug. 25, the district chose to make this change because “it is a much more comprehensive and expandable system that will be usable by all our schools.”
The online payment system is offered as a convenient option for families, but cash and checks are also accepted at school sites. There is a transaction fee for online payment, similar to eFunds, because the District incurs fees from credit card processors to make this option available. The $2 flat fee is intended to offset incurred fees, while creating the simplest fee structure. The fee is per online transaction, not per item; therefore, multiple items for one student and multiple students in a family could be one transaction.
All families may use this new system to prepay for school meals. In addition, families with students at Alderwood, Meadowdale, Brier Terrace and College Place middle schools, as well as Lynnwood, Meadowdale, Edmonds-Woodway and Mountlake Terrace high schools, will be able to make payments for a variety of other school related items, like ASB cards and yearbooks. During the school year, the District plans to add the same capability to all schools and programs.
The payment website can be found at:
A few things to keep in mind about TouchBase online payments:
– Your username and password will be the same as the PARENT credentials used to login to Skyward Family Access.
– Passwords in TouchBase are case sensitive and must be entered exactly as they were created in Skyward.
– If you are unable to login, follow the link for “forgot your login / password” on the Skyward login page. Updated passwords will work with TouchBase the following day.
There will be a $2 fee per transaction.
– The system will accept Visa and MasterCard (including Visa and MasterCard debit cards).
There is not an option for paying by bank account.
– Payments for meals will be updated to Skyward meal account balances periodically throughout the day.
– Current meal balances have carried forward in Skyward Family Access. No balances will be lost due to this transition.
Click here for step-by-step instructions.