Here are a few updates about City projects at various parks around town:
- The Mountlake Terrace Garden Club has been out over the last few weeks cleaning out entry sign sites throughout the City. They have removed the summer plant material and placed fall and winter color at various entry signs.
- Seattle Disc Golf is planning a volunteer effort for Sunday December 5th. General clean-up, basket repair and placing wood chips in the wet areas is the plan for the work party.
- The Off-Leash Dog Park volunteer group known as MLTDOG is planning a volunteer effort at the park on Saturday December 4th. General clean up, and moving wood chips is on the work plan for this event.
- Eagle Scout Candidate Arthur Walters has written a plan for his project and will be submitting for approval. Arthur’s project is to install two new benches at the Off Leash Dog Park and incorporate a retaining wall for erosion along the west fence line of the park.
- Park Services has completed the installation of a new swing set at Terrace Ridge Park. They will finish clean up and install a new wood chip play surface once the weather improves. Park Services also completed the border system for the play equipment at the Ballinger Playfield Complex and will be replacing a sand soft surface with wood chips at that location as well.
- Park Services has completed the installation of park I.D. signs at the Forest Crest Playfield as well as the Lake Ballinger Boat and Fishing Access. They are currently scheduling installations for a new City entry sign on Cedar Way at the intersection of 244th St SW and a replacement sign for the Recreation Pavilion at 5303 228th St SW.