Community

Contribute to MLTnews.com

I would love to get more people involved with MLTnews.com and contributing stories. In addition to people writing stories, I would love for those of you who are into videography or photography to get involved. This can be as easy as taking a photo or something happening in MLT with your phone or showing up to events with your video camera to get some video that we can post. Head over to our regist... »

Happy Labor Day

The flags are out in Mountlake Terrace If you can’t see the embedded slideshow, visit the site. »

The MLTnews Community Calendar

The MLTnews Community Calendar

We have a new feature on the site called the MLTnews Community Calendar. We’ll keep tabs on different events that are happening around town. Events at the library, city council meetings, sports games new business openings and more will be on the calendar. If you know of any events that should be added, email tips@MLTnews.com. Check out the MLTnews Community Calendar here. »

The MLT Library Motivates Kids to Keep Reading

The MLT Library Motivates Kids to Keep Reading

The Enterprise has a great article on a recent program at the Mountlake Terrace libary: This past Monday, Mountlake Terrace Library pivoted off a marvelous fact: their imaginations are what drew kids into the Library’s reading program this summer. The question was: how to end the program and keep the kids reading? The answer was Last Leaf Productions. Here is a team of four actors headquartered in... »

Backyard BBQ & Car Show at the Red Onion

Backyard BBQ & Car Show at the Red Onion

Here’s an event that you won’t want to miss out on. This Saturday is the fifth and final August Night’s MLT Class Car Cruise. To make the event even more fun, the Red Onion is having a “Throwdown Backyard BBQ Dinner.” For only $15 you’ll get BBQ pork ribs, chopped BBQ chicken salad, cowboy beans, corn on the cob and watermelon. The $15 price also includes a raff... »

August Nights Car Show: Week 4

August Nights Car Show: Week 4

This was the 4th week of Mountlake Terrace’s August Nights event and it was well-attended. The nice weather accompanied by lots of cars brought a lot of people to this week’s event on Saturday night. The winning car this week was an original 1939 standard 2-door Ford. See some photos below. Next week’s car show will be the final one for the summer and there will be music a backya... »

What's the Difference? The Letter "U"

If you have been reading our posts the last couple days regarding the pronunciation of “Mountlake” (here and here) this video (embedded below) will make sense. Watch it all the way through, you’ll get it. Thanks to MLTnews.com reader Adam Wygle for pointing us to this. If you are reading this in an email, Facebook or feed reader you may need to visit the site to watch the video. ... »

RESOLUTION NO. 458

RESOLUTION NO. 458

After posting on Tuesday about the correct pronunciation of “Mountlake Terrace” a MLTnews.com reader pointed me to a Seattle Times article from 1994 about an official city resolution on the issue. Check out the article and thanks to MLT City Clerk/Community Relations Director Virginia Olsen for digging up the original resolution for me. RESOLUTION NO. 458 A RESOLUTION DECLARING THAT TH... »

August Nights Car Show: Week 3

August Nights Car Show: Week 3

Every Saturday in August there is a classic car show at 56th and 232nd in Mountlake Terrace. Last Saturday was the third of 5 Saturday evening car shows that run from 4 PM – 8 PM. The public gets to vote for their favorite car and the winner is awarded a plaque. This week’s winner was a 1946 Lincoln, pictured below. And a few more photos courtesy TC and skillsawjockey: »

It's Spelled M-O-U-N-T-L-A-K-E

It's Spelled M-O-U-N-T-L-A-K-E

It seems we have a serious identity problem here in Mountlake Terrace. We need to set the story straight. I’ve lived in Mountlake Terrace for only a little under 2 years, but I’ve lived in the north-of-Seattle area for most of my life. I’ve always know the difference between Mountlake (as in “MOUNTain”) and Montlake (as in “MONTana”). Montlake is a neighbo... »

MLTPD Crime Watch

MLTPD Crime Watch

Have you ever gone on vacation and wished someone would just stop by your house every day to check on it? The Mountlake Terrace Police Department has a program called Crime Watch Vacation House Check Program. Crime Watch is staffed by volunteers, mostly senior citizens, that give their time to make Mountlake Terrace a safer and better place to live. If you sign up, Crime Watch volunteers will peri... »

What Neighborhood Do You Live/Work In?

There are 6 official neighborhoods in Mountlake Terrace. See this PDF if you don’t know what the neighborhoods are. I’m interested in where MLTnews.com readers live/work in MLT. Vote in the poll below. If you’re reading this in a feed reader or email click through to vote. [poll id=”2″] »

Bartell Drugs Collecting School Tools For Kids In Need

Bartell Drugs Collecting School Tools For Kids In Need

Bartell Drugs has partnered with Star 101.5 and World Vision to collect school supplies for kids who may not be able to afford the otherwise. Federal Way-based World Vision, a globally-known charitable organization, is constantly collecting and housing school supplies for local children in need. This three-week school supply drive is especially important as 58,000 local children would begin the sc... »

19 Years Since MLT Burned, Finally a Brighter Future in Site

19 Years Since MLT Burned, Finally a Brighter Future in Site

19 years ago this week, Mountlake Terrace residents were in fear of yet another fire. On August 6, 1990, the East Plaza (current location of Elite Gymnastics) was destroyed by a fire. Five days later, the West Plaza (Double D Meats, Prime Pizza, etc.) was severely damaged by another fire. Two weeks later, another fire destroyed a home in Mountlake Terrace, nearly killing the elderly woman who live... »

August Nights Car Show: Week 2

August Nights Car Show: Week 2

Every Saturday in August there is a classic car show at 56th and 232nd in Mountlake Terrace. Last night was the second of 5 Saturday evening car shows that run from 4 PM – 8 PM. The public gets to vote for their favorite car and the winner is awarded a plaque. This week’s winner was a 1956 Chevy Bel-Air. Check out the photos below. The winning car and her owners A few of the other cars... »

This Week at the MLT Library: August 9-15

This Week at the MLT Library: August 9-15

Monday, August 10 at 1 PM: Get Creative With Balloons Your library will explode with balloons galore — stories, tricks, games and, of course, balloon animals. Join in for a popping good time! For ages 5 to 11. Monday, August 10 at 3 PM: Book Buddies Parents! Is your 2nd or 3rd grader a reluctant reader? Perhaps Book Buddies is for them! This program is a fun, confidence-building opportunity ... »

Page 32 of 32«303132