- Burning of forest and yard debris is prohibited
Recreational fires are permitted under the following conditions:
- Be in a metal or concrete pit such those found at campgrounds.
- Be no larger than 3 feet across.
- Be free from vegetation 10 feet horizontally and have a 20-foot vertical clearance from branches.
- Be attended by someone with access to a shovel and either 5 gallons of water or a connected and charged water hose.
Note that for Mountlake Terrace residents and others within Snohomish County Fire District 1, all outdoor burning is banned except small recreational fires all year round. This Phase 1 burn ban has been issued for King, Pierce, Kitsap and Mason counties as well.
[image courtesy Steven Ford]