Brier fire causes more than $60,000 in damage Tuesday afternoon

357
0

A fire caused more than $60,000 damage to a home in Brier Tuesday afternoon; a resident reported the fire at 2:40 p.m. at the two-story house in the 22300 block of 33rd Place West. The female resident escaped the house safely.

“There was light smoke coming from the house when firefighters arrived,” said Leslie Hynes, public information officer for Snohomish County Fire District 1, which provides fire service for the City of Brier. Firefighters from Fire District 1, Lynnwood and Bothell responded and quickly extinguished the fire. No one was injured.

“Damage was confined to the area around the stove and the cabinets above,” Hynes said. Fire investigators determined the accidental fire started when pans of oil were left unattended on the stovetop.

Leave a Reply