Bartell Drugs’ “School Tools for Kids in Need”school supplies donation drive kicks off Aug. 6 at all 58 Bartell’s locations to support local students through World Vision’s Teacher Resource Center in Fife. The ninth annual drive continues through Aug. 26.
Donated school supplies will help re-stock the Teacher Resource Center, where teachers — whose students qualify for free or reduced-price lunch programs — “shop” free of charge for school supplies to help meet students’ needs.
According to Federal Way-based World Vision, a globally-known charitable organization, as many as 58,000 local students could begin the school year
without the basic school supplies.
“With so many area children lacking basic school supplies, there’s never been a more important time to support this drive .Over the past eight years we’ve
appreciated the support by our customers and the public for their donations,” said Bartell Drugs Chairman and CEO George D. Bartell.
Mead, Avery, Kimberly Clark and Bic have teamed up with Bartell’s to support this year’s “School Tools for Kids in Need” drive. A “Basic Needs” list of suggested donation items found in Bartell’s “School Aisles” include:
* #2 Pencils – 20 Count
* Bic Cristal or Round Stic Ink Pens – 10 pack. Blue or Black
* Elmer’s Glue – Glue-All or School Glue/4 oz. bottles
* Scotch Kids’ Scissors – pointed or blunt
* Avery Glue Stic/2 pack – Acid-free, photo-safe, permanent and washable
* Pentel Hi-Polymer Erasers – 3 pack
* Avery Poly Binders – 1/2? or 1? sizes
* Playskool Crayons – 24 colors
* Avery Hi-Liter Markers – Yellow or Pink
* CLi Erasers – 20 pack cap erasers or 3 pack pink
* A&W Zipper Pencil Pouch
* Mead Index Cards
* Crayola Colored Pencils – 12 count
The Mountlake Terrace Bartell Drugs is located at 22803 44th Ave. W.