It’s hot. You’re hot. Judging by the amount of skin around town these days, we’re all hot. All “hot in here” and “so hot right now” quips aside, when it’s this hot, it’s hard to keep cool (let alone keep your cool.) Lucky for us, there are several options to enjoy air conditioning and outdoor fun this weekend in Mountlake Terrace:
1. Jump in the lake. Lake Ballinger is a local option with beach and boat access for all ages. Make sure to bring a bottle (or two) of iced water to stay cool and hydrated in the sun.
2. Check out the Car Show this Saturday at Red Onion Burgers between 4 and 7 p.m. With air conditioning on the inside and water misters on the deck, you can enjoy a beer, the sunshine, and still stay cool. Great for the ladies with boyfriends obsessed with cars.
3. Open the window, turn off the lights, turn on a fan and play a game of cards. My favorite? Speed. Here’s a good list of others you may or may not have hear of….or have long forgotten.
4. Enjoy the cool evening air (well, as cool as it’s going to get) on Friday night at Urban City Coffee as they play live music starting at 6:30 p.m. Relax on the patio with an iced coffee, or enjoy the air conditioning inside.
5. If all else fails, camp out in the freezer aisle at QFC or Albertsons. Or just in front of your own. Just remember to shut the door when you’re thoroughly chilled.
What’s your favorite way to stay cool during the summer in MLT? Let us know in the comments!
6. Hang out at the MLT Library, they have AC!